Friday, February 24, 2012

General Life Bits

So what happens when Kenz and I live through a week without any noteworthy events happening? If we don't do anything particularly London-esque, am I still obligated to write about our London life?

If a tree falls in the woods, but there's no one around to hear it - does it still make a sound?

I've been expecting this day to come. I had all this stuff planned out - I was going to start doing research about various parts of the city and go there, take pictures, then report back to the blog. Yet, I didn't plan ahead and it's Friday and I've got nothing to show for it. Hopefully I'll be able to anticipate these types fo weeks in the future. Good news is we've got some things popping off this weekend that'll make for an eventful blog post next week. Until then, I guess you'll have to persevere through a boring Friday post.

And I know that really upsets you, because you're depending on some Pulitzer-worthy, hilarious, yet endearing post from me every Friday. And if it's not good enough, then your weekend is just ruined.

I know, I know, I know - you don't have to tell me.

No - I know! Shhhh, don't speak. I won't believe you if you try to tell me otherwise. Don't lie. We both know you pine for Fridays, and if I don't have something amazing, then you're absolutely devastated.


We had Owen and Celia over for dinner last Saturday...


I shared the last can of a certain baked bean import with them...


Kenz came home from school with this badass technical drawing. All of the dimensions are exactly doubled from the real life screwdriver. 



I got to talk to Kara's dog, Pepper, on the facetime. 


But, other than that, we just lived like regular 'ol folks. Right? I mean, aside from being in one of the best cities in the world. 

Other than specifically Internet things (like my new NBA blog and re-starting the podcast - neither of which is targeted for an audience over 40, so keep that in mind if you follow those links), there's not much new happening. 

Kenz mentioned needing to get back on the blog and post something. We'll see if that happens. Feel free to pressure her into it: c [dot] mckenzie [dot] gibson [at] gmail [dot] com. I'm sure she'd love to hear from you. 

If you have any suggestions about something for us to go do or see in the city and report back to the blog about, by all means, let us know via email (I still hear from people asking abut where they can comment on the blog - you can't. I disabled comments, so there!). 

Have a happy Friday! It's sunny and (kind of) warm here! Hope it is wherever you are, too. Get outside and take a walk! 

Thanks for reading.