Friday, July 26, 2013

Kenz's update is better.

Some housekeeping to start:

Song of the Day: The World (Is Going Up In Flames), Charles Bradley

Obligatory Royal Baby sentence: "If we're going to pay attention to the kid that's, like, third in line of the living heirs to the crown, what's the point of us winning that war?"- Bomani Jones

The Beach Captain is a short docu about one of the Thames river sand sculptors. I recommend spending the next six minutes watching it here.

****

Kenz wrote an epic post yesterday. Be sure to scroll down and check it out if you haven't yet. It's below this post. Her update has everything you'll - wit, great stories, and fun pictures. As a result, I'll keep my post short so that you can get to hers ASAP.


I've been walking post-dinner these days...

...partly because it's better for my sanity since I'm home alone all day...

...and partly because the sun doesn't go down till late...

...and I want to enjoy this 'proper summer' before the Autumn comes.

I even strolled down to the old neighborhood.

I went and saw the old place... 

..gave a nod to the old regular cafe...

...noted that the Indian restaurant must be under new management...

...and found a new restaurant that Kenz and I might check out.

I saw a Sony Walkman for the first time in over a decade...

...and continued to enjoy my walks along Walworth Road...

...finding things along the side of the road...

...like empty baby baskets...

...European Mario...

...t-shirts...

...and traffic light replacement works.

I spent much of the week sweating in a 'pod' above the 4th floor of the Peckham Library...

...taking a moment to enjoy the view from the stairwell on each day's departure.

I got some gifts from Kenz this week...

...and had to 'air out' my stinky shoes.

I found an adventuremobile...mobile. 

Some gym friends hosted me for dinner on Wednesday night.

They're both pretty hardcore. 

I failed to take a single good picture...

...but was fed well...

...and enjoyed their flat, their hospitality, and their company.

I spent some time on the phone...
...endangering drivers...

...suggesting they look like little old ladies...

...noting fashionable hairstyles...

...MEETING NEW NEPHEWS!...

...reconnecting with pets...

...friends...

...and, of course, the wife.

Kenz was working on a chalkboard mural for her dad's new restaurant. She ran out of blue...

...but I had plenty of it this week. 

That's all. Enjoy Kenz's post (following this one). Have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting!